Thursday, May 23, 2013

Squeeze Hard

Hi all!! Back again, and with another layout! Can you believe it?? :)

I am totally in love with all of the fun, bright colors in this month's kit from Gossamer Blue. I used the current sketch challenge that is up on the blog...thought I'm not sure you can tell anymore! lol.  I was looking for pictures that would go along with those fun colors and I found this hilarious one of Katlyn.

 
LOL!! I love it!! Here is what the journaling says:
 
You loved going around from booth to booth at the state fair this year. Your favorite place was the booth where they had they "stress brains" You squeezed and squeezed with all your might, and you kept asking us where all the stress went!
 
 
Thought I would also share how I did the background on this page. The orange started out as one of the solid patterns that Echo Park always has with their collections. If you follow me at all, then you know I rarely, if ever use cardstock as a background. All the other patterns were too busy for a background, though, and I loved the orange with this photo. So I grabbed a mask and some Mister Huey's sherbet, and went to work. I just started in one corner with the mask, I over lapped the edges with some scraps, to make the transitions more seamless, and just sprayed. When that one was finished I layered the mask over the edge, covered the sides with scraps, and just kept going until the paper was covered. I LOVE the way it turned out!! I don't normally use masks to this scale, and I was worried I would ruin the paper, not like the outcome, but I am so glad I took the plunge!! Will definitely be trying this more!!
 
I am off now to and end of the year kindergarten party! Can't believe school is already over! Swear this year has flown!!
 
Hope you all have a great weekend, and take time to create something you love!!! :)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love how the background turned out!