Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Time to Relax

Hi all!! Happy Wednesday!! Its been awhile since I've posted, have been caught up in all the end of year hustle. Thankfully tomorrow is the last day of school, so hopefully things will be SLOWING down around here, I am more than ready for a nice, calm, relaxing summer.

Speaking of relaxing, I have a layout to share with you today! I am taking the Pop off the Page 2 class at Studio Calico, and this is a layout I made for one of the challenges.

The challenge was to be inspired by a layout for our first pdf, I chose this fabulous layout by Marcy Penner. I love her style, but it is very different from mine, so I thought it would be fun to really try and step out of my comfort zone and tackle her prompts.

I had more trouble with this layout than I thought I would, its hard to sit down and try and scrap totally opposite from normal. I even sewed on this layout, one of the first ones I have done that on. I love how it turned out in some places, other spots was horrible and I had to cover it up! lol. Any tips of sewing on layouts?? Please share if so! :)

Anyways, lol, when the layout was finally finished, I loved it. I think I managed to balance the prompts/style of Marcy and finally figure out how to keep "me" in the style.

So, here is my layout, using the FABULOUS May kit from Gossamer Blue.

 
I did journal inside that pocket, just forgot to get a picture of it. Its just talking about how extremely busy the day at the hospital had been with visitors in and out. Finally, we were able to relax. Daddy and baby got some cuddle time, and Mommy got a much needed nap. :)
 
 
Hard to believe that little guy will be 7 months old of Friday! Seriously, where does the time go??
 
Hope you all enjoy this holiday weekend, and take time to create something you love! 

No comments: