Monday, June 18, 2012

For my Sweetie

Hi all!! It's Monday!! Are you all ready for the fabulous week ahead?? We have VBS all week at our house, so we are looking forward to a fun, faith filled week! :)

I thought I'd hop on here today and share one of my projects that I made with the June add-on kit, "Celebrating You" from The Paper Bakery.

I had this chipboard door hanger laying around that I had picked up at my LSS, and my youngest was dying to have a little decoration for her door...this came about from her sister putting up the "Emma's Room: Knock First" sign that she made! lol. So I put the little door hanger together with the June kit, and a few items from my stash, and came up with an adorable little decor piece for her.



She LOVED it, and big sis is now insisting that I make her one too!! lol. Looks like another trip in to the LSS for me! :)

A quick little how to for you:

I covered the chipboard door hanger with some cute Lilly Bee polka dot paper, and then inked all around with some Jenni Bowlin ink. I also inked the edges of the doily and the layered butterflies with the same ink....I believe the name is "Chewing Gum".

The trim at the bottom was some Pink Paislee mistables that I colored with Mr. Huey's Overdue. Love the deep red it came out!!

The butterflies were simple traced and cut out from a Studio Calico mask, one on white cardstock and the other on some more Lilly Bee papers....I layered them, only adhering in the middle.

Layered all on the doily, with a cute little heart sticker, wood veneer heart, and a gem. Added in a cute little felt paper clip bow from SC, and there you have it!! :)

Hope you all have a great week, and take time to create something you love!!

No comments: