Monday, September 17, 2012

A Simply Great Life


Happy Monday!! Its a dreary day here, rain coming in and just makes me want to either stay in bed all day and snuggle, or scrap the day away. Let's see which one little miss agrees too! lol.

Today I wanted to share a project from a class I recently taught in at my LSS. The picture is not the best, but as many of you know, we are in the midst of a very extensive remodel, so I had to try my best to make it work where I could.

For the class we made used a 7 Gypsies printer tray and the Heritage line from Simple Stories. I was so nervous about this one, as I knew while I was making it that it was for a class. It was my first time teaching, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of ladies, and a more fun night! :) Hoping to do that more often!

Here is the project:

 
 
Don't you all just love that nice burgundy carpet?? lol. One of things that will be going soon, but for now it was my best option for a backdrop, since I'm pretty sure almost every other surface in my house is covered in dry wall dust. Remodels=torture!
 
Anyways, I did LOTS of fussy cutting of this project, along with some stamping, die cutting, and layering. I am in love with the way it turned out!! :)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you all have a fabulous day, and take time to create something you love!! 

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful tray Amanda and I love the Simple Stories you used!!

Anonymous said...

Love that tray, Amanda!!! Was teaching fun? I'd like to try it sometime, but I'm kind of nervous about it LOL