Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Bootiful

Hello friend! Over the weekend, I had a little time to break into my new Scraptastic Kit "This Is Halloween", and use a fun sketch from the Paper Issues facebook group. Both of these are WAY out of my comfort zone. I don't really normally buy themed items, but I have been wanting to sub to try out Scraptastic for awhile, and it just so happened, that the other kit was sold out before I got around to doing it...and as far as the sketch, not my normal style, at all, but I really loved  it, and just thought it would work perfect with this kit and photo.

First off, here is the sketch that I used:



I started out, by doing a little bit of mixed media on the background. I used a fun stencil from Echo Park, with some molding paste, and then misted over the top with black, and a few orange splatters.
I thought the bats were perfect for this photo. :)


It's very subtle, but I love the little extra bit it adds. I wanted to come in with some layers under my photo, but I didn't really want to use a lot of paper layers, so I layered bits and pieces from the emepherma from My Mind's Eye, and that cute exclusive flair badge.


The majority of this layout was kept simple, but I really liked how this design helped to draw everything right in to the photo. I did feel that I needed a little something down at the bottom...just a little too much white for me. So I added in a strip of that awesome plaid paper, and layered in a few embellishments.


I actually have ended up enjoying this kit a lot more than I thought I would. I am excited to break into it a little more and see what I can create!!

Never left fear and worry, rob you of the joy of creating! Always take time to create something you love!

No comments: