Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Imagination

My girls have the best imaginations, I don't remember playing and pretending and just enjoying life when I was younger as they do. I feel alot of this comes from their absolute love for books. These girls love reading and looking at pictures in any and every book they can find. AND I LOVE IT!!! :) I am so thankful that they have this desire to learn and grow and imagine. I hope they keep it forever! :)

When they posted the Guest Design Team challenge over at Sketchy Thursdays and I saw the sketch, and that the theme needed to have something to do with reading, I knew exactly what I wanted the layout to be about, our messy book shelves and random piles of books throughout the house. My mom would die if she saw my house sometimes, lol, but I don't care. I love walking down the hallway and seeing the girls laying there with a pile of books "reading" them to each other. Anyways, lol, I used those pics for my layout...the piles and the mess, and I put them together with some Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey, and came up with this beauty, that I must say I am pretty proud of...it's really pretty simple, but the colors and patterns are so far out there for me that I feel like I accomplished something major. LOL!


I have some stamping, some embossing, some misting, die cutting, I went a little crazy on this one, but I love it! :)

You have til Saturday to enter the GDT challenge! Go check it out...also check out the design team call they are having...I'm seriously debating!! :)

Remember, blog hop this weekend!!! :)

Have a blessed day!!
~ Amanda

6 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

The newspaper print border is scrumptious! Great layout!

artfuldelight said...

I love all the details on your LO, fabulous job! :-)

Diana Fisher said...

I love how you used the sketch and great paper choices! My son is the same way—I am in awe of his imagination.

Rebecca Mosher said...

Beautiful, and very differant page. You have a wonderful scrapping style that I keep coming back to look at more :)


We would love to have you take a peek at the Polkadot Door!

Briana Johnson said...

GIrl you are on fire! This is an amazing layout. It is so much fun, love that big title, supremely cool color combo, fabulous work Amanda!

Unknown said...

Brilliant title! Love the layout!!! Thanks for playing along with the Sketchy Thursdays GDT challenge! xoxo