Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thanks for Hoppin by!! :)

Hello Hoppers!! Welcome to my humble little blog, if you didn't come here from Kathy's blog, please return to Amanda's blog so that you can hop along in order.

If you follow along with me, you know I love sketches! I find they take some of the harder aspects, photo placement is a BIG one for me, out of the design process, and let you focus more on telling your story and getting exactly the look you want.

Amanda gave us this fun sketch to work with:

I played around with it some, but I still think that you can very much see the sketch in my layout.



I really wanted to use the pictures that a friend had taken of my youngest and myself, so I switched up the orientation a bit, and made it work for what I needed. That's what I love about sketches, and this one has so many possibilities, I know I will use it again!

Thanks again for hopping my way this weekend, I have a giveaway! :) Sorry no picture, but its a good one, trust me!! :) So if you would like to be entered please become a follower and leave me a comment letting me know you did...if you are already a follower, leave me a comment letting me know that too!! :) I will be out of town all weekend, so my giveaway will be open until Monday morning!! :)

Please go to Laura's blog to continue!!

If you would like to be entered for the prize for the entire hop, then make a layout of your own based on the sketch, and once you have finished, return to Amanda's blog and add your link!

Thanks again for hopping by! Have a blessed weekend!!

~Amanda

26 comments:

okanogangirl said...

Love how you switched the orientation of the pictures to a three vertical column.

Linda said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the journaling!

Auntie Em said...

Great LO! Sometimes you just have to switch a sketch up a bit to make it your own, no matter how great it is! I love the title down the side and the journaling around the border.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Auntie Em said...

Oh yes... I am already a follower! :)

Stacia Brandt said...

Very cute pictures! I love the pp's!!!

Adele said...

So sweet. Love the title.

blsd2scrp said...

love this blog! this is my first blog hop and I'm loving it! thanks! kelly

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great Job Amanda! I love how you too the sketch and made it all your own! And the photos are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Moongirl said...

I love the look of this lo! Nice job. I do follow you :)

Andrea said...

Excellent! I love how you changed it up! Already a follower of course!

Snips and Snails said...

Great job on making the layout work for you! I'm following now.

Devra said...

soooo pretty!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So cute...love the cute photos!! (csescrap13)

Heather Doolittle said...

LOVE your page and the title diecut!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Love how your interpreted the sketch! Beautiful layout!

Ashley Horton said...

I love the way you interpreted the sketch Amanda!! And you can definitely see it in your layout! The title is awesome on this one!! I have been a long-time follower!! :)

Steffanie said...

Wonderful layout! Love these photos---so precious!
I would follow but under the spot where it says "followers" there is nothing...not sure if it's me or what. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for butterflies! Wonderful! Love the paper and your take on the sketch! Thank you!

DanaMK said...

What a fun layout! Love, love, love those photos!

Jackie said...

like the way you have done the photo's!

Caroleb said...

Loved your LO & I just became a follower.

Jolinda Hall said...

Hi, I just became a follower. I love the journaling around the border, and I like the title and the paper behind the pictures are from the same pattern, that looks great1

suzeyq said...

I follow your blog! Thanks for doing a giveaway! Loved your take on the sketch!

MJ's Kraze said...

Great page. I love your work. I am also a new follower.

Laurie said...

I love how you can take a sketch and made it your own. And cutting the title in the same paper as the matt ties it all together. I love it!

Megan D said...

I really like how you moved the pictures in a column. That is so my style!