Monday, September 9, 2013

Scrapbooking with the Kiddos

I thought it would be fun to sit down with my girls, and let them both create a spread themselves. To get more their perspective right now into their albums vs. everything being from my point of view.
 
 
 I went through and picked a few cards that I wanted them to use for specific things. For example, the "snapshots" card, I had them both draw a self portrait.


 
 
Then in the "Happy Polaroid" they were to draw what made them happy.
 
 
 
I was surprised by their choices! lol. Once drew their guinea pig, and one was herself with cookies and lollipops, but this was exactly what I wanted! THEIR perspective, I never would have thought to put hardly any of the things they chose into their albums! I loved too, having them write everything out..being 4 and 6, they are still learning their way around spelling, and I thought that would be something fun for them to look back on.  Best of all, they had a BLAST doing this! I even let them keep a few spots that they used cards to decorate however they wanted....they were beyond excited to get to use my washi tape. As I'm sure you can tell from the overabundance!
 

 
 
I think the AME system is a great way to get your kiddos involved in the process of memory keeping! You can see the other page to their spread along with a few shots of them in action over on the We R Memory Keepers blog!! I know they'll love it if you stop by and leave them a comment here or there...they are pretty excited about being "famous" scrapbookers! lol.
 
Have a great day, and take time to create what you love!