Thursday, July 2, 2015

11 years

Hello friends! This weekend, my husband and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary. Hard to believe!
 Last year for our anniversary, we had a nice relaxing day spent mostly out exploring, and just enjoying each other. I didn't get many photos that day, but I did manage to get this one taken, selfie style.


I have held on to this paper from Jillibean Soup for awhile, I knew I wanted to use it with this photo, I just wasn't quite sure the direction I wanted it to take. Finally I just decided to go for it...I pulled out some papers and built from there. Love the way it turned out!


I always seem to struggle with where to place my journaling, so I decided to use one of the open spots to my advantage. Bring in some more embellishing and color, and make a perfect place for my journaling.



I tried to keep some symmetry with the color on this layout. I used the arrow paper as my starting point for the colors I wanted to bring in, then by picking a theme of hearts for my embellishments, I was able to easily go through my stash and find coordinating colored items to spread out.


Then, for this last cluster on the photo, I wanted to build more up on the sentiments, since I had kept my journaling so simple, and really just told about what we did. I found items in that same color scheme, that helped to convey my feelings both for that day, and for my husband, and layered them up for a kind of second journaling section.

Not a lot of paper layers on this layout...a little different for me...but I don't think that I could have made a more perfect layout to celebrate the memory of this day!

Thanks for stopping in today, have a good one, and take time to create something you love!

No comments: