Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Halloween in...July

Hello friends!! I'm sure you have all heard of Christmas in July...but have you heard of Halloween in July?? That's the theme of my layout today! I was going through photos, trying to get "caught up", and found these from Halloween 2013, and decided it was time to get them scrapped.



I knew I wanted to play on some of the "traditional" Halloween colors...so I went with orange, green, and black..with a little gray thrown in for good measure. I had a lot of fun digging through my stash on this one.



I have found that when it comes time to purge out some supplies, I have no trouble getting rid of patterned papers, embellishments are another story..I hold on to them FOREVER!! So for this layout, I wanted to challenge myself to use some of those embellies that have been laying around, and make them work for what I needed!
I started with pulling these goodies out:



The flair were the perfect color, and I really wanted to get some circular elements onto this page...the sentiments/designs on the flair however, were not what I needed for this. So I grabbed some stickers, and went to work...very simple changes, but with a little tweaking, I was able to finally use up some of my stash, while making custom embellishments that were perfect for my layout. Here are some pics of the finished flair:




Thanks for stopping in today..be on the lookout for a fun announcement coming soon!!

Have a great day, and take time to create something you love!



No comments: