Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My People

Hello friends!! I have a fun layout to share with you today!! My littlest has had this lovely toddler obsession with some figurines that came with some books we bought him awhile back. These little "people" as he calls them, have been a constant fixture at his side for months now, so of course, I had to snap a fun picture one day when we were playing with them in the sand box...not kidding, they go EVERYWHERE, lol.

Not often, do I have a title in mind before I start the layout..usually that is the last thing I do, and its usually quite a struggle for me, but I knew exactly they title for this one..and the photo gave me this fabulous bright color pallet to work off of...really love how this layout turned out!


I found this Dear Lizzy striped paper in my stash, honestly not sure what collection it is from, but it was perfect for what I wanted...then I knew I needed to add in some of this "you are awesome" paper from Pebbles...again an oldy from my stash. I really wanted these papers to stand out on this layout, so instead of using these papers as layers..I left the strips larger, and just stacked them on this fun background paper from Gossamer Blue. I didn't worry about them being straight on the same size, I just cut, and glued!

Then, I pulled out all the coordinating pieces in my stash, and began weeding out those that I didn't want to use...when I found this Elle's Studio card, I knew it was perfect to layer beside my photo.



Then I wanted to bring down some more embellishment by my title to balance out the heaviness of the top...with my photo, cluster, and journaling all being up there...but I didn't want everything to compete for attention...so I tried to make everything staggered. So that nothing lined up perfectly, that way it would force your eye to travel around the full page. I added in a little stamping, and a clear sticker from Mambi to add in some more black, and light embellishing.


This layout turned out even better ( to me) than I envisioned it..and I used up a lot of supplies that I have had for quite awhile...I am really loving this challenge of using what I have, and trying to downsize some of my stash!

You still have time to enter my mini album blog hop giveaway. You can find that post here!

Thanks for stopping in today, have a good one, and take time to create something you love!

No comments: