Tuesday, June 7, 2011

American Honey

They posted the July Guest Design Team Challenge over at Sketchy Thursdays this week. Usually I don't play along with that sketch....they have so many talented participants every week, and I just don't know that I am up to that level...but this month not only did they give a great sketch, but they gave some inspiration photos as well.

There were 3 inspiration photos given, but I only chose these 2 to use for my layout.

 Here is the layout I created....


At first glance, it definitely doesn't look like it goes with the inspiration photos...but if you look closely you will see that lil' miss is eating a push pop...that counts, right??

Then for the patriotic treats photo my title comes in. Emma absolutely loves the song "American Honey" by Lady Antebellum. I used the verse that is her favorite as part of my journaling...

She grew up on the side of the road
Where the church bells ring
And strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American Honey

She loves this because she feels that it is about her, since we live on the side of the road, there is an old church up the road with a church bell, and since she is still growing up. Ah, gotta love the reasoning of a 4 year old. :)

So when I not only loved this sketch


but also had those wonderful photos for inspiration, I knew I had to scrap something about that song. Its one of those little everyday memories that I don't want to forget ( I say everyday because she makes me play it pretty much every single time we are in the car, lol)

Thanks for dropping by today :) There is still plenty of time to get over to Sketchy Thursdays and give this month's guest design challenge a shot!! If I can do it you can!! ;)


Have a blessed day!! :)




6 comments:

DanaMK said...

Such a sweet layout! Those pictures are adorable and I love the colours you chose. And I love the significance of the song you used as inspiration.

Beth Hallgren said...

Ditto what Dana said :)

Moongirl said...

Ditto Beth's ditto :)

Diana Waite said...

this is SO fun! love the take on the sketch and inspiration.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo fun! I love love love the photos, the banner and those hearts! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Yeager said...

THis is such a fantastic interpretation of the sketch! I love the colors on this page! Thanksfor playing at Sketchy Thursdays!