Friday, June 3, 2011

Sketch It To Me Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sketch It To Me Blog Hop! If you have been hopping along with us you have seen some fantastic layouts and projects by some very talented ladies. If you haven't been, you can go to Amanda's blog to start off at the beginning:.

So as I am sure you have figured out, this blog hop is all about the sketch!! We were given a wonderful sketch by Ms. Amanda and asked to make a layout and card from the sketch. Here is the sketch she created for us



Here is the layout I made...


I switched it up a little bit to work with the photos I wanted to use. The journaling tickets are to cover up a mistake, but I actually really like the way they look on there.Used quite a mixture of products here, a little Echo Park, American Crafts, Crate Paper, KI Memories, My Mind's Eye...just a hodge podge of everything. :)

I also made a card from the sketch. I am not a card maker, at all!! So I kept it very clean and simple (maybe too simple) I used for my inspiration the little cluster at the left hand corner.
Here is my card...

Sorry for the crooked picture...I forgot to get a picture, so was trying to rush and get one taken and posted.

Everyone who leaves a comment here today is automatically entered to win the RAK that Amanda put together for you...lots of MME yumminess!! :)

If you become a follower and leave me a comment telling me you are, if you were already a follower leave me a comment too,  then you will also be entered to win here!!

I have been showing you sneak peeks for awhile now, so you know there is major goodies to be had!! I am giving away a $20 gift certificate to Design by Diana.
A gorgeous shop on Etsy that is owned and operated by the amazing Diana Fisher, a lot of you know her as the founder of Sketchy Thursdays, Scrapbook Circle design team...I could go on and on about the talent this sweet lady has!

 You should definitely go check out her blog  especially since Diana, being the sweetie that she is, has a little something special for all you hoppers that head over her way!!

Now, on to the next blog of Ms. Laura to see her amazing take on this sketch!!

Have a blessed weekend!! :)



26 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures of your DD are so cute, they made me chuckle right when I saw them!! I love the LO! Super cute!!

Beth Hallgren said...

Great job making the sketch your own!

Diana Fisher said...

Great layout! And I am off to do the hop. Thanks for including my little shop as the prize!! :) (And for the kind words—thank you!)

Auntie Em said...

What a great take on the sketch for your LO! I love the journaling blocks in a little row across the page.
A CAS card like yours works great with all patterned paper and colours you have used. It will make someone feel very special.
Thanks for sharing! :)

I have to follow you to see what you come up with next! Great hop!

Moongirl said...

I love your take on the sketch! And I love it when mistakes become something cool :)

Ashley Horton said...

Your lo is adorable Amanda!! I love the way you changed it up to fit your pics. The journaling tickets are so cute and what a clever way to cover a mistake...never would've known it was there! I think you did a great job on your card...very cute!

Moongirl said...

I have been a follower too :)

Unknown said...

Really like your POSER layout! Super fun!

Snips and Snails said...

I love your layout-so cute! I'm now a follower of your blog as well.

Adele said...

Oh Amanda, you're so talented! That LO is just absolutely adorable. And I'm always so impressed by you card-making ladies!

Adele said...

I'm a follower now!

yokaye said...

What a cute little poser! That's seriously sweet lo. :)

yokaye said...

Oh, and I'm a follower now, too :)

GLOANN said...

Missed your blog the first time around. I thought the Amanda that was first on the list of OKGirl, amanda. Enjoyed seeing your take on the sketch.

Cassie said...

Very cute layout! Love it!!

ELLEN said...

I love your take on the sketch! (Remember there are no 'mistakes' in scrapping/crafting,only 'happy accidents'!)

Anonymous said...

Your layout is adorable. I particularly like the stitching and the gems at the bottom. Your blog looks great!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A darling layout, love your version of the sketch....the photos are so cute!!

DanaMK said...

I love, love, love your LO!!! The borders are awesome and the stitching is fantastic! I really like the simplicity of your card too. And I'm a follower. :)

alisonm said...

this is so cute! I love how you fixed your boo boo

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Adorable photos! Cute layout!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

And I am a new follower.

Andrea said...

LOVE your LO Amanda! I love the stitching and the bling you added in it! Of course I already follow both yours and Diana's! Great prize!

Susan said...

Great job on your take of the sketch. Great layout. Love your blog too.

Jennifer DeWolfe said...

Great job Amanda! I love you interpretation, especially the tilted photos!

Karen Letchworth said...

Cute layout - I'm jumping to the next blog to hop along! Thanks for sharing, Karen