Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sugar and Spice

Two posts in one day!! Oh my! I'm usually lucky to get in two in one week!!!

The girls were very kind to me today and gave me lots of scrappy time. I was able to get this layout done, using a sketch from The Sampler! Here is the sketch...


Definitely not my usual style, but I had found this border bunch a few months back, and had been trying to figure out a layout to use it on. When I saw this sketch I knew it would be perfect!!!

Here is my layout...

I love this photo of my girls. You will be seeing it again soon. I made them each a layout using it for their album, just can't post the other one quite yet! :)

This layout came together really easy for me once I got started. All Crate Paper here, a mix of Emma's Shoppe and Toy Box, except for those wood veneer butterflies from Studio Calico. Oh I love those things!! I need to find more ASAP!!!

One more reminder...the blog hop starts Friday!!! Don't forget! :)

Blessings! :)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Amanda I love what you did with the sketch! It's a really well balanced layout and cute too!

I also wanted to comment about the comment you left on my blog. Ya know what? I've been walking 10 years with the Lord and I still try to do it on my own!! LOL. In fact, I have this vision of an old country lane and I am driving this really old car. There are times where I kick Jesus out of our car because I think I can handle it. And so he gets out with grace and calmness and I drive away... Only to come back around the lane open the door for him to get in, and I get into the backseat where I belong! This journey of mine was meant so that he could drive my car of our journey not the other way around. And I still fail miserably. But truth be told, I think I will always do this until the day he calls me home. However, I think as I pull up and open up that door that he is standing there smiling at me full of love and wonderfulness. Because he loves me that much and he created me, he knows that I will spend my lifetime kicking him out and trying to do it on my own! But the loving part is that he will always be there, always!!! This is what brings a smile to my face. Oh it isn't so that I can kick him out and think oh well he'll still be there. Its because he's molding me and you into perfectly flawless gems. It is all part of our journey as he smooths our roughness, chips, and flaws. It is what makes walking with the Lord so much sweeter because we are mold-able and teachable!

I didn't grow up in faith either. But I know for a fact, that he tapped on my shoulder right at the moment I needed him to most! He asks us to be good and faithful servants, not perfect and wavering. So just remember as you walk with him that even though you might mess it up because we all do, that his grasp is one that will never let go.

Much love to you today sister!
e.

Moongirl said...

Absolutely adorable!

holly* said...

love your take on the sketch! glad you got some scrappy time in!