Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blessing

Challenge #2 over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles was to look at the everyday blessings in your life. I have been trying to do some layouts of my husband and myself..I want our girls to see that while they are HUGE blessings in both of our lives, that we are blessed to have one another also. These photos are the first photos he and I have had taken of just us since our wedding...I wanted to get them down on a layout...but I wasn't sure what I wanted me journaling to say. Insert the second part of the challenge at SEM...we were given a quote to use on our project of choice:

How blessings brighten as they take their flight.-Young

This just seemed perfect to me. My husband and I got married very young, I was right out of high school and he was just finishing college...no one thought we would make, and there were definitely some tough times...but our love just grew and became something even more wonderful than I imagined when we were first married. He is a huge part of the who I am today...I wouldn't be the woman I am without him! He helped me to spread my wings! I am so blessed to say that we will be celebrating 8 years of marriage next week...and I love him so much more than I did then! :)

So here is the layout that I created...

I also used the fabulous 6.23 sketch from Sketchy Thursdays on this one...so glad I was able to play along again this week. Here is the sketch...
Hope you all have a happy and blessed holiday weekend! Big news coming next week...I will be participating in 2 exciting blog hops in August...more details to come!! :)

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the photos and all the butterflies! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

So glad you played along, and what a great idea to scrap about!

Kayla W said...

Sweet story, and I love the butterflies!

Lisa H said...

Great layout! It's a nice touch how you made two of the 3 photos black, and white.

Elizabeth said...

I love your layout, the colors are fab and you rocked the challenge too!
e.

Roulien Stahnke said...

I love the colours you've chosen for this layout!! Wonderful work!

Nicole Brenna said...

I love the butterfies really great job!

Anonymous said...

Aww...what a cute story. I am so happy for both you <3 Thank you so much for playing with us at SEM! -Kline