Friday, June 24, 2011

The Best of Me

A little while back I posted about ideas for scrapping about myself on the Club Ck message board, which by the way, if you aren't a member of you should be, those ladies over there are absolutely wonderful! Every week they have a one hour challenge, and when I saw what the one hour challenge was for this week, I knew right away what I wanted to scrap.

This layout doesn't have a picture of me, in fact, the picture I used has been handled so much, the colors don't really go with the layout, its from my old camera so its pretty grainy, but I took it with me when I went on a retreat and truly gave my life to Christ, so I knew I wanted to use it because it was such a profound moment for me, and I recieved the spirit while praying over it, at least the first time for me in private, I had felt the spirit before, but always in group prayer. This layout is not really about that moment, but what I felt God was telling me at the moment.



This layout is very special to me, and I hope that when my girls and husband read this they truly realize how special they are to me, and that without them, I wouldn't be any where near the person I am today.

I am also submitting this for a challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, which is a wonderful faith based challenge blog...you should definitely check it out as well!!

Hope everyone has a blessed week!! 

6 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Sometimes the blurry, imperfect snapshots are my favorites! Beautiful story, beautiful layout!

Amanda Johnson said...

I couldn't agree more Beth! Thank you for your kind words! :)

Diana Fisher said...

Hi Amanda,
Wanted to leave you a note that the punch I used on my card on my blog is from EK Success. You can get it at JoAnn's, that's where I got it.
Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

Lisa H said...

That is a great layout and it doesn't matter if the photo isn't perfect. What matters is that you've wonderfully commemorated a special time. On a side note, I like how you folded the strips of paper down the sides. It really gives it dimension and texture!

Roulien Stahnke said...

We scrap to preserve memories not perfect photos! I love the story behind your photo! Like Lisa I love the paper folding tecnique on your layout! Thank you for playing along at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!!

Nicole Brenna said...

Love this picture and the folded papers are so great! Thanks for joining in on our challenge.