Monday, June 6, 2011

Love Child

My oldest daughter, Emma, is seriously the sweetest thing in the world. If she sees someone hurting, she hurts, tears come almost as easy to her as her smiles do. So when I caught this pic of her I loved it cuz its so her...sweet smile, peace sign held up, I'm not sure what we were doing outside this day, but I am positive she was either picking flowers, or picking up trash....she is in love with the world and gets very upset when people "don't keep it beautiful" as she says.

I created this layout and I really struggled with the journaling, I couldn't find the words to express the peace and sweetness and love that I know this girl has. I will definitely add in some more hidden journaling, if I can put those feelings to paper. Here is the layout that I created...


I tried to kinda step out of my comfort zone a little, as far as the products I chose goes. I have had quite a few of these laying around for a few months now, with no idea what to use them on. I thought they went really well with the vibe  of this photo.

I used the 6.2 sketch from Sketchy Thursdays on this. Here is the sketch...

There is still time to play along...just go here for all the details!

Have a blessed week!! :)

9 comments:

Moongirl said...

I love, love, love your take on this sketch! So cute! You should be a fave, I think it is one of mine!

Andrea said...

I love this LO Amanda and I just love to hear that about your daughter! She sounds like she is going to grow up to be a wonderful person! :)

Beth Hallgren said...

I sometimes struggle with putting my emotions into words too :) Beautiful layout!

DanaMK said...

So, so sweet! I love the colours you used and all the elements work really well together. I hope you can come up with the journalling the way you want to because she will one day treasure it!

lisa said...

Such a lovely page. Really lovely.
Love how you used your doilee too.
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays x

Hannah said...

A great LO, love the woodgrain background and the colours you've used :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is sooooooooo sweet! i love love love the photo and those hearts! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Adorable page and I love the papers you used. Such great embellies, too. Love it all!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful layout! Sometimes I journal on the back of the layout when I have too much to express on the front. Your girl sounds like a sweetie!